Monday, January 15, 2007

"Desidre"ing and 2007

That's Latin for not accepting any outcome other than success. Somewhat late but a happy new year to all. Here's to a year of "desidre".... acting to achieve everything each one of us wants. Yup I fall somewhere in-between belief in destiny but being able to shape it as well.

How am I going to do that in this not-so-new-but-still-not-old-year? My resolution is to do a little spring-cleaning to get rid of all the toxic habits and people that I allow to get in the way of life and living. Granted some toxic peeps can't simply be eliminated from one's life for a host of reasons but I can surely take charge more and not let them drag me down :-).

Anyone want to share what their resolutions might be?

[Postscript added January 16: Following the original post above on January 15, I got a whole bunch of irate e-mails from some of the LTLWI readers who presumed that I haven't been in touch with them because I think they're "toxic". Nopes, far from it. Thing is my grandparents have been visiting which has brought with it a lot of happiness, a crazy schedule, and an ongoing deluge of house guests. In other words, it's hectic as hell so if you're feeling ignored it has nothing to do with "toxicness" on your part but more like me unable to work a day that's 29 hours long! I'll stop being MIA next week - promise!]

No comments: