Monday, July 23, 2007

July 20, July 21, July 22, July 23, 2007

July 20: Played hookey - well not quite since I worked on course syllabi - for the most part. Follicle issues were addressed and I look different enough to stop feeling restless. Something cathartic, IMHO, about changing one's hairstyle/hairdo. Went out dancing to bid a fond farewell to a friend who will be leaving the area to move to Scotland. You will be much missed, G.

July 21: Asad and I were actually in the same space-time particularity :-)! Wonderful day was had - conversations galore and traipsing around New York.

July 22: Went away to Pennsylvania. The picnic lunch was fun. The weather contributed a great deal to that feeling. Skipped a bbq we had to go to later that night because I needed to catch my breath. Me-time was welcome...although I spent the bulk of it yacking away with one of my best childhood buds on the phone since we hadn't had a chance to catch up for a few weeks. That the lives of medical doctors mirrors that of academics in strange ways made for commiserations galore among other things.

July 23: The weather is crappy and I'm behind on deadlines. But for a change I didn't feel bad about taking time off because I knew I needed it.

So that's a fairly telegraph-inspired update from my end. I've decided to go on a 'Net hiatus for a week or so....deadlines seem to have fallen off to the wayside. 'Tis my fault and needs rectification. While blogging doesn't get in the way of dissertating, responding to e-mails surely does. So if I don't log on I won't be tempted to get everything out of the way before I can write. Hence the extended absence. I n-e-e-d to get my act together, especially since the next month is consumed by weddings, baby showers, friends + family visiting from out of town, and the list goes on.

So I'll be back online sometime next week though I remain phone-able and text-message-able...the first post will (Inshallah) be on the chapter finally finished!

No comments: