Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Something to think about...courtesy "the past"

Over the long holiday week-end, I had a heartening chat with a very old and dear friend. Okay, my first ex- to be precise. We met rather unexpectedly at a wedding. So we spent pretty much the entire affair catching up---probably because it's been years and years that we've had an actual conversation and also because we've been so out of touch that I guess we were both curious what the other one was up to.

Whatever,the reason I must admit that it felt really nice. That we could pick up the friendship we shared sans any of the bitterness that I see amongst other couples that almost got married but didn't was really encouraging. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy - happy too. Long story short, the conversation also made me realize that I've missed being able to talk to him, especially since I was feeling a bit muddled about some stuff and have always found him to be a good listener. He's one of those people that help you find your way through rather than simply telling you what one should do. So, at the end of the evening (read: late night/early morning), I found myself wishing and hoping that we could find some way to actually be friends.

So color me surprised and pleased that I got an e-mail from him this morning echoing the same thoughts. In addition to that, he sent me this quote as the "only" piece of advice he'd give me:

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart." ~Confucius

I think it's a good thought. I think we all know this but perhaps forget it along the way and need to be reminded from time to time. Oh heck why generalize?! I don't know about other people but I'd forgotten this along the way and have been making myself miserable in the process. Not to mention, robotic. Having my head buried in what I "should" be doing I sort of lost sight of how that "should" isn't just a natural progression that everyone expects but that it ought to be intimately connected to what my gut thinks I should do and what makes me happy. Yes I continue to be cryptic...bear with me for a while longer because I'm not sure if I'm ready to go public while I'm still in the process of making these decisions. Rest assured, once I know where I'm landing I'll be sure to blog about it.

In the meantime, please wish me, and my heart, good luck plus courage!

No comments: