Saturday, September 01, 2007

Spark of madness...

Yes I've been gone from the blogosphere for a while. Life has been topsy-turvy - not in a bad way but overwhelming for sure. I started a new teaching position - a visiting professor gig to be precise. Between that and dissertating, I have literally had no free time.

When I have had time I've been enjoying the last few days of summer - far far away from my laptop.

Going away later today but just had a few things that I wanted to blog about. So I decided to pick one that best sums up where I'm at in life. Don't ask me why I picked that? I just did. It felt important.

I've been going through my share of angst over the last few weeks. I've been feeling somewhat restless - that's probably more precise. Somewhat uncertain. And it suddenly just hit me on Thursday - well that's when it started and I feel I can articulate it succintly now.

The spark of madness that always characterized me has been dormant for too long. I've been stagnant in some respects - which in a sense was necessary to get to where I'm at right now. [Yes I'm being cryptic I know but it's going to have to stay that way for now at least.] I didn't have time to indulge The Spark. Time shmime. Life is going to get more demanding before it starts to ease up. And so the spark is back. No more rationalizing everything. The gut gets to speak and the spark gets to guide it. Hmm not sure if they're separate...

Just in case you started wondering - nopes I wasn't down in the trenches relishing the dumps or the blues. I just have been making some decisions that are out of sync with The Spark 'o' Madness that has always been a part of who I am. And so I'm back baby - (knock on wood, touchwood, Mashallah, etc)! The spring cleaning has been done - behold what I think is a delightful combination of craziness, sparkiness, courage, and wisdom with the perfect smidge of childish innocence. I guess I am holding true to my resolution for 2007: getting rid of all baggage. Watch out world! And anyone who wishes to join me in reconnecting with The Spark- the more the merrier. Cheers :-)!

No comments: