Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Pursuit of Gadgetic Happiness

1. I got a new iPhone 3G on Saturday the 12th which means I get to play with it instead of lusting after it. A million thanks to the parents for the present :-). It really is the funkiest piece of technology in recent years. I highly recommend it. My favorite feature? Currently deciding!

2. I also (finally!) put paranoia aside and upgraded to Leopard despite still being in Dissertationistan. Also loving Leopard with the only possible exceptions being the currently uncooperative iPhoto (which isn't that big a deal) and adjusting to the fact that the font in which I was writing my dissertation (New York) has suddenly disappeared. Let's just say the disorientation is making me uncomfortable.

Enough of an update, now back to finishing the chapter I ought to have on Saturday to deserve all of the retail therapy I'm currently enjoying.

2 comments:

Faisal said...

I am very, VERY jealous of your new acquisition. Although I read reviews that AT&T is screwing customers over with the data plans - thoughts?

Bionic-Woman said...

Who said this: when the rape is inevitable lie back and enjoy the fuck. Now as a woman I'm horrified and offended. But, if we were to take it in the metaphorical spirit in which I hope it's intended, then the data plans aren't so bad.

Seriously though, it's not that bad. Would I want the plans to be better priced? You bet. Am I turned off enough to not want an iPhone 3G? Umm well the post says it all. I've seen the math on how much the iPhone would cost over the 2-years contract period but the difference is spread out instead of a one-time screw over if you want to see it that way...does that make sense?

It really is way more fun than a phone has to be so I'd say go for it.

PS: If it helps to know, with the iPhone the size of your text message is irrelevant by which I mean unlike previously when if your SMS ran over they'd deduct more than 1 message out of your bundle depending on how many messages you ran over (e.g. 2 for 2 pages). With the iPhone, it's fit to size so each time you hit send that counts as 1 message. That I would say is a major improvement, yes?