Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Feeling rather un-bionic

So I guess I ended up jinxing it. Or I'm just plain tired and am looking for a more meaningful excuse than being unable to work.

I've been working hard so I don't feel guilty about not having clocked a single minute on my dissertation thus far today. But I am feeling anxious - and that's making the "I don't want to write" feeling worse.

On days like these I wonder why I was drawn to all of this because I enjoy thinking and writing. I don't enjoy it all the time.

Or perhaps this is how I get when I'm starting to work on a chapter because it all seems fuzzy.

Lots of possible be-'causes' I guess...I just wish I could work. I could take a mental health day but I don't really feel like taking time off because I wish I could just work. Hmm perhaps just wishing it will make it happen, yes?

Well I guess I still have the day left...I could give it a shot. I think I'm really worn out though because I've been at it rather maniacally - at this point I'm literally dreaming my dissertation or to-do list connected to the dissertation. So I wake up already exhausted to be honest.

Hmm I can't even seem to write a straight rant. I'll let you know tomorrow if I was able to work.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Now I know your are human! Seriously though, we have ALL been there. Take the day and see how you feel tomorrow... take tomorrow if you need it too... you will be back up and running when you are ready!

Bionic-Woman said...

Julie, your ongoing support is much valued and appreciated, thanks muchly :-).