Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Quiz-Blogging: Being Lady-Like?

For some inexplicable reason I now have Jerry Lewis' voice going off in my head saying "lady".....very annoying if you can't get it out of your head and are about to sit down and write about things related to Wittgenstein. Where do I fall on the scale of Lady-Hood?

You Are 68% Lady

Overall, you are a refined lady with excellent manners.
But you also know when to relax and not get too serious about etiquette


Now of course this quiz was taken purely for amusement purposes. But I wonder what we mean when we say someone is lady-like or not, or to what extent. Won't that vary across time, space, cultures, etc? Okay incoming blast from the past: I wrote my M.A. thesis on the ways in which women construct their personal identity and understanding of 'womanhood' more generally speaking. Not the same thing as lady-like but in the same very broad vein. Any readers/fellow-bloggers interested in commenting about what they think is lady-like and what isn't?

For now, I'll bask in the glory of being defined as refined, possessing excellent manners, and not too uptight/serious. Although I think I do get uptight at times about manners/protocol related things but I reckon that isn't just about being a 'lady'. Is it just me or is the picture of the "lady" in my results a bit disturbing - kind of like a slut in a bad '80s film? Yikes....okay there goes the basking! Back to work.

[Hey Asad: why don't you take this quiz too, just for pure kicks :-)?]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, i have been told:
***You Are 36% Lady***
You tend to make up your rules of etiquette, throwing all conventions aside.
And while you try to be a lady (sometimes), your behavior is often quite shocking.
****
so, basically, i'm a lout!! :)

mizz