Friday, August 18, 2006

The Quotations Meme - with a petite twist.

As seen over at "Reassigned Time". How does it work? Go to www.quotationspage.com and look through random quotes until you find 5 that you think reflect who you are or what you believe.

I had to keep clicking on the "search again" feature till I came to 5 that seemed to fit. Here are mine with 2 additional quotations thrown in - that's the twist folks i.e. 7 instead of 5. Why 7? I saw a couple more that I liked and had a Goldilocks moment reading them. Plus I kind of like the number '7' more than '5' - yes sounds complete bizarre I know but humor me:

1. "Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." Jane Howard.

2. "Fall seven times, stand up eight." Japanese Proverb.

3. "There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett.

4. "I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best." Walt Whitman.

5. "Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed." Storm Jameson.

6. "In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary." Aaron Rose.

7. "I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business." Michael J. Fox.

Asad, your turn. Also, I'd like to tag Elizabeth, Jenny, Priya, Dr. Mon, the folks over at the 'I & I' group and anyone else reading this post who has a blog and/or would like to include their list in the comments section of this blog.

PS: Yup a more substantive post than memes and quizzes will follow soon....life has been frazzled and my writing energies have been wholly invested in finishing a dissertation chapter that I had nicknamed The Beast. [happy dance here]. Once I catch my breath and reward myself for finishing (yuppers, indulgence is my middle name) I promise to post something a bit more reflective.

No comments: