Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Different "Happily Ever After"

I'm not sure whom to give citation credit for this one but I got it from a friend who got it from another friend...you know how the chain goes. I was going to write (read: technically rant) a post about marriage related stuff that's come up in conversations with some of my gal-pals and, inevitably, annoying relatives but this one just begged to be shared:

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl "Will you marry me?"

The girl said, "NO!"

And the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, camping, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, had sex with whomever she pleased... did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, didn't get fat, travelled more, had many boyfriends, saved more money, and had all the hot water to herself. She watched chick flicks, never football, never wore frickin' lacy lingerie that went up her ass, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, felt and looked fabulous in sweat pants, and burped, swore, and farted all the time.!!!

[Personal Disclaimer: nopes I don't hate men and wouldn't mind finding Msr. Almost-Perfect and put on the "wife" hat...but if I keep meeting the men I have I'd rather live it up like this gal - sans the farting, swearing, burping bits that neither sound all that pleasant nor are aspirational - since I just can't quite wrap my brains around "shaadi" in the abstract like some folks I know but more in that in another post].

No comments: