Thursday, October 05, 2006

How apropos!

I subscribe to this "quote/thought of the day" type service. I thought that the one that was delivered to my inbox today was particularly suited to this blog, i.e. the attitude both Asad and I tend to have 99.9999% of the time, so I thought I'd share. Of course this is more gingerly stated than our "Learn To Live With It" bit....po-tay-to, po-tah-to, to-may-to, to-mah-to, either way:

"Your life becomes the thing you have decided it shall be." – Raymond Charles Barker

I couldn't nod my head more vigorously if I tried! In fact, this could be my personal mantra. I think it also explains why I have an extremely limited amount of patience with folks who complain endlessly about stuff that happens to them without taking charge and working towards changing things. Yup I believe in destiny, I know and can see that shit happens but I also believe in handling things gracefully and making lemonade out of lemons. So for all you sitting there in neutral, I say shift gears and shake things up for the better.

[In case you're curious, here's a brief bio blurb about Barker from the e-mail I received: Raymond Charles Barker was an influential American minister and author in the mid-twentieth century. He wrote such books as The Power of Decision and Treat Yourself to Life, on ways to change subconscious patterns. He became president of the International New Thought Alliance in 1943, a group practicing the religious philosophy developed in the late 1800's by Phineas Quimby, with early proponents including Ralph Waldo Emerson. Unity Church and Divine Science are among its later offshoots.]

No comments: