Wednesday, March 28, 2007

7 Random Thoughts: The Bionic-Woman Edition

On Friday, Asad and I decided that each of us would post the first 5 completely random things that popped into our heads. Here are my 7. Cut me some slack - it took a while to put these together because my mind suddenly went completely blank so it was somewhat of an effort to have 5 thoughts and then, before I knew it, I had 7 things to say:

1. Between the two, I think I'm more impatient about the release of Leopard than I am about iPhone even if the latter is the only piece of mobile technology in recent times that hits the US market before other parts of the world.

2. Too soon to call "Seinfeld" a classic? Or maybe it's just my sense of humor that leaves much to be desired?

3. I agree that the recent spate of protests in Pakistan over the dismissal of the chief justice is perhaps a sign that civil society is alive and kicking. But I wonder how hard they're kicking? Even if this is reminiscent of the widespread political protests against President Ayub Khan in the late 1960s, they're hardly as widespread to warrant comparison. Not that I want to be a pessimist but IMHO as heartening as this might be to some of us, including myself, celebrating the return of political conscience is still a ways away.

4. Since when does the combination of "31, single/never married, and pursuing a graduate degree" equal "man-hating, liberal feminist with no interest in marriage or kids"?

5. Don't you just love summery spring days? I sure do.

6. I need (okay more like want) to chop off about 5 inches off the length of my hair. Because it's spring and because every time I feel like I've evolved and/or life is heading in a different direction I have this insane urge to look different and fit the new part.

7. Anyone else a complete bitch on less than 8 hours of sleep or is that just me?

Besides Asad, I'm tagging Imran, Saad, Elizabeth, Jenny, and Misbah. Othe readers feel free to join the party o' randomness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I really shouldn't have had so much caffeine today.

2. I'm a complete bitch on less than 7 hours of sleep.

3. I should probably send you some NyQuil the night before my oral =P.

4. I don't know why the cat is so darn hilarious when she's just laying there, doing nothing, but she is.

5. I cannot stand Seinfeld, though that probably has something to do with my high school math teacher's obsession with it.

Anonymous said...

That should have been, you should probably send me...sfyrz