Saturday, June 16, 2007

Favorite sentences resume Monday

So here's what has happened:

June 14, 2007: Working through a film and some interviews that recollected (first-hand) experiences of immigrants to Pakistan sent me into a loop where horror gave way to being too depressed to push my own thoughts. Overwhelmingly tragic doesn't begin to describe what these people went through. Couple that with the almost effortless yet appropriately emotional way in which they share their tale and it gets even more boggling. I also discovered that I pause when I come to this film and these sets of interviews every single time I have tried to incorporate them in my dissertation. Possibly because it connects all too well with the stories of my own family especially the paternal grandparents. And then a hiatus ensues because it's just too difficult to return to processing those thoughts. I should probably not include these texts - at least not now. Maybe later? I do have disjointed field notes that I jotted from revisiting these texts but I'm not up to sharing my favorite sentence from them.

June 15, 2007: Planned 'off' day to indulge in partaking of the first day first show of "Jhoom Barabar Jhoom" - Bollywood blockbuster as the ads say - review post to follow next week. Suffice it to say I loved it. Then I spent the day with some friends.

June 16, 2007: There might be a post today but most likely all of today will be spent reviewing a piece for a journal that I need to send out next week. That I only got into bed around 3 am after a long but fun Friday is making me drag my butt today hence significantly decreasing the chance that new writing will happen...edits maybe but that's probably about it.

June 17, 2007: Not just Sunday but a very special one - Fathers Day.

This is the long-winded way of me saying...regular posting of "today's favorite sentence" will resume Monday June 18, 2007.

No comments: