Wednesday, June 27, 2007

June 27, 2007

Knock on wood and Mashallah: I had the kind of writing afternoon today that made me fall in love with my dissertation project all over again. Yes, for the past few days (possibly weeks and months) there was more toleration than anything else...a commitment to see it through but today I'm madly and head over heels in love with it. What I call "green points galore"....green points are what I call my own ideas that jump out in response to reading or watching a text...yes I do consider them bordering on brilliant or rather having the potential to produce something novel and insightful.

One catch as far as posting the day's favorite sentence goes...since I'm holding on to some measure of anonymity it's getting increasingly difficult to post one that doesn't reveal the exact project and, by extension, yours truly. So I'm not really picking the one I like best but rather the one I like best that still conceals my identity as it were. In other words, consider this a disclaimer...I'm writing funkier stuff that is infinitely more exciting.

"The debate between these two characters then is not based on an abstract category we refer to as 'communalism'; rather, it is a legitimation struggle involving 'faith' that is historical not in the teleological sense but, rather, in the empirical sense in so far that its specific deployment in the here-and-now is made meaningful bearing in mind prior uses."

No comments: