Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A first!

For the very first time in this whole dissertating process, I managed to force myself to push through the writing even if I didn't think it was perfect. Normally I obsess over links and spend time hunting down citations as I craft each sentence. Yesterday I wrote to tell the story without getting lost in all of the details. In other words, I wrote what I think a reader needs to know instead of telling the reader everything I know. It's not perfect by any means. But it certainly is good enough. Or so I think - we'll see what my committee members have to say when they read it.

2 comments:

Gina Hiatt, Ph.D. said...

That's really an important achievement, Bionic-Woman. It's much better to write that way!

Bionic-Woman said...

Thanks for the support Gina.